It was one of those days where I told myself I was going to do a pretty, subtle makeup look…yet somehow ended up with teal blue lips. I had some new products that I hadn’t found the time to really play with so the subtle makeup was promptly thrown out the window and instead I created a bold, glowing look with clashing colours. Honestly, this isn’t a look that I could wear out, not unless I was going to fancy dress party, but it was definitely fun to do and despite the odd colour combinations I actually liked the outcome!
I did my eyes first for once as I was using the Revolution Soph X Eyeshadow Palette which I knew had quite a lot of fallout. Since buying this palette I’ve only used it once so I was pretty excited to experiment with the other colours.
- First I primed my lips with my trusty Urban Decay Original Primer Potion.
- Then with a Spectrum fluffy brush, I used the shade Peaches for my transition.
- Next, I dipped into Strawberry Sweets and applied this to my outer corners and blended it up into the crease.
- I then used Petrol and pressed this onto the outer and inner corners of my eyes.
- Using the shade Pine Tree I applied this to the centre of my lid.
- Lastly, I used Luna from the ABH Aurora Palette and with a small Spectrum brush patted this in my inner corners.
- I then attempted to create a wing with the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, I can never seem to create a decent wing!
- For mascara, I used my favourite Benefit BADGal Bang mascara and applied just one coat.
- To prime my skin I used the Guerlain L’Or Pure Radiance primer. I love this primer so much, it gives my skin a really good tacky feeling and a pretty hint of glow.
- For foundation, I used my holy grail Kat Von D Lock It Foundation and buffed this in with a Spectrum B01 brush.
- I used the Kat Von D Lock It Creme Concealer, you can read my review on that here!
- I then very lightly dusted some of the RCMA No Colour powder just to set my face.
- For eyebrows I’ve been using the Makeup Revolution Pomade in Blonde has I heard it was just like the ABH Dipbrow Pomade. It isn’t and I actually find this very hard to use as it isn’t as creamy.
Contour, Blush, Highlight:
- I contoured my face and jaw using the darkest shade in the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette.
- For blush, I used the Urban Decay Afterglow 8 hour Powder blush in the shade ‘Video.’
- And to get super glowing, blinding skin I used Luna from the ABH Aurora Palette which tied in nicely with the eye makeup, and applied this to the tip and bridge of my nose, cheekbones and cupids bow. This shade is so beautiful and perfect for a summer glow!
For my lipstick, I used the ABH Liquid Lipstick which I recently purchased in the shade Requiem. I had been lusting over this colour for ages but knew I wouldn’t be brave enough to wear it! It’s a really pretty, metallic teal blue shade and I love it. It’s my favourite part of this whole look. I’m making it my goal to be brave enough to wear this lipstick out in public.
As you can see this is a pretty out there look but I really liked it. How beautiful is that lipstick though?! I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you think of this bold and glowing makeup in the comments. Thanks for reading!