Bright, Spring Makeup Tutorial
The sun is out, the flowers are blooming and I’m in the mood for some colourful Spring makeup! This look would be great if you had a party to go to, or a trip to the beach or just if you felt like brightening up your makeup routine. It’s pretty bold with a blinding highlight and was inspired by the rare appearance of the sun. I absolutely love how this turned out, honestly, I think it could be my favourite tutorial I’ve ever posted!
So without further ado let’s get into this tutorial!
- First of all, I prime my face with the Guerlain L’Or Pure Radiance Primer to give my skin a slight glow about it and keep my makeup in place all day long.
- Then with a Spectrum B01 Brush, I apply my Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation. This foundation is extremely full coverage but leaves a really beautiful, demi-matte finish to the skin.
- I then applied the Revlon Colourstay Concealer to brighten up my under eyes.
- Next, I powder and set my foundation with the RCMA No Colour powder.
Contour, blush and highlight:
- Since this is a spring look I didn’t want to do a lot of contouring, so I used the lightest shade in the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette and lightly added some definition to my cheekbones.
- Obviously, a spring makeup look needed a bright pink blusher! I used the Urban Decay Afterglow Blusher in the shade crush. This is insanely pigmented so you only need to use a teeny tiny bit!
- Lastly, I covered my face in highlight! I wanted this look to be very glowy so I applied quite a lot of the shade Luna from the ABH Aurora Palette to the tip and bridge of my nose, the high points of my cheeks and my cupids bow. My skin was pretty damn blinding!
- I fill in my eyebrows first using the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in the shade Blonde, using a Spectrum A14 brush.
- As always I used the Urban Decay Original Primer Potion all over my lid.
- With a Spectrum B06 brush, I took the shade Peaches from the Revolution Soph X Eyeshadow Palette and blended this in my crease as a transition shade.
- I then used Strawberry Sweets for the outer and inner corner of my eyes, blending it into Peaches.
- Then for my favourite part, I used the shade Nubia from The Magic Palette by Juvia’s Place and applied this to the centre of my lid for a halo effect.
- I then applied Strawberry Sweets again to my lower lash line as well as Nubia in the middle.
- Taking Luna from the Aurora Palette again I applied this to the very inner corner of my eyes.
- For my winged liner, I used the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper.
- Then I applied two coats of the Loreal Miss Baby Roll Mascara.
- For my lips, I used a beautiful pink liquid lipstick from The Body Shop called Cyprus Begonia.
To finish I spritzed some NYX Setting Spray all over my face.
The Finished Look:
I’m so happy with this look! It’s bright, fun, colourful, perfect for spring and that gold eyeshadow is stunning! I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you think of this spring makeup look in the comments. Thanks for reading!