As I am sure you all are aware, Valentine’s day is fast approaching. I’ve never been one to really celebrate it, my boyfriend and I both think it’s pretty pointless and being long distance we’re never together on the day anyway. Still, that doesn’t stop me from wanting to get into the spirit with a classic makeup look. If you’re going on a first date, or have plans with your significant other, or, like me, aren’t doing anything but want to feel just a tad more glamorous, then this look is perfect.
- First I moisturise using The Body Shop Tea Tree moisturiser.
- Then I apply the Guerlain L’or Radiance primer all over my face, leaving it until it feels tacky.
- Next, I apply the Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish foundation (read the review here) and blend that in with a Spectrum B01 brush.
- I use the Revlon Colorstay concealer to brighten up my under eye area.
- I then set the foundation with the RCMA No Colour powder.
- For that extra bit of longevity, and to take the powdery look away, I spritz Nyx Setting Spray over my face and fan it dry.
- As always for contour, I use the middle shade of the Kat Von D Shade and Light palette for my cheekbones and the darkest shade for my jawline.
- I apply a small amount of Bobbi Brown Rose blusher to the apples of my cheeks.
- Lastly, I highlight using the shade ‘Luna’ from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Aurora Glow Kit (read the review here). I apply quite a bit of this to my cheekbones, cupids bow and the tip and centre of my nose, as I wanted a pretty blinding glow for this look.
- For my eyebrows, I use the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in the colour blonde and a Spectrum A14 brush.
- Of course like always I prime my eyes with Urban Decay’s Original Primer Potion before doing anything.
- For this look I wanted minimal eyeshadow, so using the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette I used the shade ‘Nooner’ to deepen the crease and ‘Dust’ on the lid for a bit of sparkle.
- I then use the pink shade from the Sleek Solstice Palette for the inner corners.
- I use Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner in the colour Trooper to create a wing, making it a little bolder than I normally would but not over the top.
- Lastly I applied two coats of the L’Oreal Baby Roll Mascara to my top and bottom lashes.
- Obviously this look called for a classic red lip! First of all, I lined and filled my lips in using Charlotte Tilbury’s Lip Cheat in Kiss ‘N’ Tell.
- I then used my all time favourite red lipstick ‘Red Carpet Red’ from Charlotte Tilbury again and applied it straight from the bullet.
- To finish I applied Charlotte Tilbury’s ‘Red Vixen’ lipgloss.
The Finished Look:
I hope you like this classic Valentine’s Day makeup, let me know in the comments what you think. Do you have any Valentine’s Day plans?