Last week I decided to be brave and allow my fiance to pick my makeup! I was really curious to see what he’d pick, if he’d know what my favourite things were or if he’d go crazy with colours. There were a couple of moments where I was slightly worried. His eyeshadow choices were pretty out there, but in the end, I think he did a really good job!
- For my primer I gave him the choice of Laura Mercier or Guerlain. I think he knows how much I like the Guerlain primer as he chose that one.
- Instead of my usual Kat Von D foundation, he chose the Becca Ultimate Coverage 24 Hour Foundation in the shade Cashmere.
- For powder, I used the RCMA No Colour Powder. This is the only powder I currently own so there wasn’t much choice on that.
When it came to choosing my eyeshadow Jaz got a little overwhelmed. I don’t think he realised how many palettes I owned, to be honest, I didn’t realise how many I owned either! In the end, he went for the Norvina Palette (good choice!) and the Moondust Palette by Urban Decay which I haven’t used in well over a year.
The colours he chose were ‘Love’ and ‘Summer’ from the Norvina palette and then ‘Element’ and ‘Magnetic from the Moondust palette. While all these colours are pretty it meant he had given me 2 glitters, 1 metallic and only 1 matte shade to work with! He then wanted me to use a copper glitter pigment from NYX. It was certainly going to be a challenge!
I used ‘Love’ as my transition shade, and then ‘Magnetic’ on the outer corners and toward the centre of the lid. Next, I used ‘Element’ on the centre of my lid toward the inner corners. I loved the look of ‘Magnetic’ and ‘Element’ blended together! I then used ‘Summer’ as an inner corner highlight which looked really pretty. Lastly, I put some of the NYX glitter primer along the crease and carefully patted the copper glitter. These are all colours I never would’ve put together but I loved how they looked!
To finish off I used the Kat Von D Tatoo Liner to create a wing and the Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara.
Blush, Contour and Highlight
- For my contour, Jaz chose the middle shade of the Kat Von D Shade and Light palette, although at first he chose a highlighter so I kind of cheated here and guided him to the contour shades haha.
- He chose the Urban Decay Video blusher which I was very happy about, I’m pretty sure he didn’t know that it was my favourite blush.
- Lastly, he chose the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow Highlighter.
- So he definitely knows what my favourite lipstick is. Surely everyone must know that by now right?! He chose the Charlotte Tilbury Glastonberry lipstick which just tied this whole look together perfectly!
I am so obsessed with this look! He did a really good job choosing the colours and it was definitely something I wouldn’t have picked myself. I would 100% wear this look on a night out or to a party. It was so much fun creating this look so unfortunately for Jaz I may have to get him to pick my makeup more often!
Let me know in the comments what you think of this look. Would you ever allow your partner to choose your makeup?