Welcome back to Blogmas! It’s another Christmassy makeup tutorial today, which are my favourite posts to write. This look is one I’ll be wearing on Christmas Eve and is perfect for whatever you may be doing. Whether you’re out with friends, family or loved ones, relaxing at home or even working, it’s not too over the top and will definitely bring some more festive cheer to the day!
- I prime my entire face using the Guerlain L’or Pure Radiance Primer and wait until it feels tacky.
- Then with a Spectrum BO1 brush I apply The Body Shop Matte Clay Skin Foundation.
- To conceal my under eye area and any blemishes peeking through I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.
- Lastly I powder my face to ensure my makeup stays in place all day with the RCMA No Colour Powder. Leaving the powder on under my eyes to make it easier to brush away any fall out later.
- I then fill in my eyebrows with the Anastasia Beverly Hill Dipbrow Pomade in the shade Blonde.
Contour, Blush Highlight:
- I didn’t want a strong contour for this look so I used the lightest contour shade in the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette and very lightly applied this to my cheekbones.
- Then I used Bobbi Brown Blush in rose to give my cheeks a fresh, pink look.
- To highlight I used the Sleek Solstice Palette and applied this with a Spectrum A04 brush to the tip and centre of my nose, cheekbones and cupids bow.
- The eyes are the main focus of this whole look. So to start I primed them with the Urban Decay Original Primer Potion.
- Then with a fluffy brush I used ‘Red Ochre,’ and ‘Venetian Red’ from the Modern Renaissance Palette, blending both colours together all over my lid and up into the crease.
- Once the eye shadow was blended I applied the Nyx Glitter Primer to my lash line and out, creating a wing.
- Then I dipped a Spectrum A09 brush into some Nyx Red Glitter and very gently pressed the brush to my lash line where the primer was, following the wing. Take this step slowly and steadily, you don’t want to rush and get glitter everywhere.
- Once I was happy with the outcome of the wing, and the amount of glitter, I cleaned up under the eyes by brushing the powder away.
- I then applied two coats of the Nyx Doll Eye Mascara.
- For my lips I just applied the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the colour ‘Lolita’ as it matched perfectly with the eye makeup.
I’m so happy with how this look turned out! It was my first time using Nyx Glitter and I love it, you can expect to see more of it in future posts haha. I hope you all enjoyed this post and the look I created, please leave a comment telling me your thoughts. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to keep up to date with Blogmas! You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter to see more Christmas related things, I will follow everyone back. Thanks for reading!