Nutella Christmas Tree
Nutella is glorious. It’s a fact. Christmas trees are also glorious. So why not combine the two to create an edible, Nutella Christmas tree?! Today I’ll be showing you how to make one, it’s simple, tasty and perfectly festive! Great for both parties or Christmas morning breakfast, if you love Nutella as much as me then you will not be disappointed.
You will need:
- Puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of butter
- 4 table spoons (or however much you’d like really) of Nutella
- Cut two sheets of puff pastry into large triangles.
- Spread Nutella (very thickly) over one piece of pastry.
- Place the plain triangle on top of the Nutella covered piece.
- With a knife score horizontal lines in the pastry. Starting at the bottom and leaving a wider gap between each line, getting narrower as you reach the top. (See picture below for guidance).
- Carefully twist each ‘branch’ away from you at least two times, to get that nice, twirled look.
- From the leftover pastry cut out two very small triangles for the star on top of the tree. Again spread Nutella on one piece and place the other over it.
- Put in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Until it has raised and is golden brown.
- Enjoy your Christmas Nutella treat!
Simple but effective this will surely be a hit amongst friends and family! I hope you enjoyed this post, if you did then please give it a like. Let me know in the comments your thoughts or if you plan on baking this, this year, I’d love to know! Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog as I post everyday until Christmas eve. Only 10 more days to go! You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter where I will follow all bloggers back. Thanks for reading!