Bold Autumn Makeup Look 2021
Bold Autumn Makeup Look 2021
Autumn is the time for bolder, darker and vampier colours to come out to play. I love autumn makeup looks from the bold lips to the strong colours, it’s definitely the season I enjoy creating looks for the most. These types of looks always feel super glam and can instantly put me in an autumnal mood. So, for today’s Blogtober post, I’ll be sharing a classic, bold autumn makeup look that’s perfect for the season!
This is the first autumn makeup look I’ve done so far this year, and the first time I’ve actually done my makeup fully in a very long time! I loved using the more dramatic shades like orange and burgundy and applying darker lipstick. Since working from home I barely ever do my makeup like this anymore and usually just stick to neutral shades while keeping everything minimal. So it was really refreshing to do something a bit more out there and I had a lot of fun creating this look!
- First of all, I applied the Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer under my eyes to hide any dark circles and to brighten up that area in general. I also used it to cover any blemishes or noticeable redness around my chin and jaw.
- Next, I applied the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation using a Spectrum B02 brush for a full coverage base.
- To set everything in place, I applied the RCMA No Colour Powder which is my absolute favourite powder and something that I just couldn’t live without!
- For my eyebrows, I used the Sigma Define and Pose brow pomade in the shade Light to create an even shape and to fill in any sparse areas. As my eyebrows are naturally a very pale blonde, they look practically non-existent without a pomade.
- Of course, as usual, I applied the Urban Decay Original Primer Potion to my eyelids to prevent the eyeshadow from creasing throughout the day and to allow the colours to really stand out.
- Then, using the Norvina Vol 2 palette, I took the shade D4 which is a bright yellow and used this as a transition shade, blending it up to my brow bone. Then, I used D2, a vibrant orange, and blended that into the yellow shade. To deepen the outer corners and add depth I used the burgundy shade C5. I also used this shade for my lower lash line.
- Using the Estee Lauder concealer, I then cut the crease and applied D2 again on my lids.
- Next, I used the beautiful gold shade from the Pat McGrath Celestial Divinity palette and applied this to my lids too. I blended the gold shade with the orange and the cranberry for a seamless look.
- To finish off the eyes, I applied the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara in the shade black.
Contour, Blush and Highlight
- To contour my cheekbones I used the Kndr Beauty Kind Bronzer which I received in my July Glossybox and have been loving.
- For blusher, I used my favourite autumn blush, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in the shade Mood Exposure.
- And, lastly, to highlight my cheekbones, nose and cupids bow I used the Illamasqua Beyond Powder Highlighter in the shade OMG.
- Finally, for my lips, I used the Sigma liquid lipstick in the gorgeous Belladonna shade for a deep, burgundy lip that’s so perfect for autumn!
Final Bold Autumn Makeup Look
Here’s the final look for this bold autumn makeup look. I loved how it turned out and felt super autumnal while wearing it. The colours of the eye makeup paired with the darker lip all went so well together and the highlight gives such an amazing glow! This is definitely a look I’ll be wearing often this autumn – I may even wear it for my wedding party on Halloween.
I hope you all enjoyed this post! Let me know in the comments what you think of this classic, autumn makeup look.