I adore cinnamon. It’s one of the greatest things on earth! It both smells and tastes amazing and always makes me think of autumn and Christmas.
Today I’ll be sharing with you all a super quick and easy cinnamon swirls recipe which is ideal for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
- 50g butter
- 50g Demerara sugar
- 1 pack of puff pastry (you could make your own but I was way too lazy for that)
- 1tbsp ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar
- First line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and pre-heat your oven to 180°c.
- Mix the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl until it is all blended.
- Roll out your puff pastry, this doesn’t have to be neat so don’t worry about that.
- Spread the cinnamon filling over the pastry and try not to drool over the delicious scent. Leave a gap of about 1cm at the edges.
- Roll up the pastry into swirls and gently press the 1cm gap in to seal them.
- Take a sharp knife and slice the pastry, trying to keep the swirls as round and neat as possible. (This didn’t happen for me haha)
- Place the swirls on the baking tray, leaving plenty of room between them as they do expand quite a bit.
- Cook in the oven until they are a golden brown.
- Mix the icing in a small bowl with a couple drops of water until it’s like a paste but not too thick.
- Take the swirls out of the oven and while still on the baking tray drizzle the icing over them for decoration.
Don’t you just want to reach into your screen to grab one?! These are one of my favourite autumn treats, it actually pains me to share them. I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Have you ever made cinnamon swirls before?