Halloween is only 21 days away! I love seeing all the creative Halloween makeup looks on Instagram and YouTube, they looks absolutely incredible and really show off people’s artistic talents. If, like me though, you don’t have any parties to go to, or you’re working and those kind of looks wouldn’t be acceptable for the office but you still want to get into the spooky spirit, then this makeup is for you. I’ve created this Gothic inspired look with an ombre lip that isn’t completely over the top but will definitely make heads turn and have you feeling festive.
- Before putting any makeup on I cleansed, toned and moisturised my face using The Body Shop Tea Tree range.
- Then I apply the Guerlain L’or Pure Radiance Primer with my fingers.
- For foundation I used the Rimmel London Stay Matte and applied this with a Spectrum B01 brush.
- I then use the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes that the foundation hasn’t quite covered up.
- I apply the No.7 Translucent Powder all over my face to set my foundation and get rid of any unwanted shine.
- For my eyebrows I use Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in Blonde and a Spectrum A14 brush.
Contour, Blush, Highlight:
- I use my Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette to contour with, using the darkest shade.
- For my blusher today I put a little Bobbi Brown blush in the colour Rose to the apple of my cheeks to give them a bit of colour.
- Lastly for highlighter I used the Sleek Solstice Palette.
- For this look you’re definitely going to want to prime your eyes to get maximum pigment and longevity. My favourite is the Urban Decay Original Primer Potion.
- Then with a Spectrum A06 brush I take the shade ‘Black Heart’ from the Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette and pat it all over my lid.
- With the same brush I lightly blend it upwards just a little bit to get the shape I want.
- Then I dip a Spectrum fluffy brush into the shade ‘Venetian Red’ in the Modern Renaissance Palette and take that into the crease and just above, blending it into the black. I also applied this colour on my lower lash line.
- I then apply 3 coats of The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara. This eye makeup would look great with false lashes but unfortunately I do not own any right now and cannot for the life of me put them on haha.
- For this look I decided to do a purple, ombre lip using Kat Von D’s ‘Damned’ and ‘L.U.V’ liquid lipsticks.
- First I apply foundation over my lips to hide their natural colour, you don’t have to do this but I find that the colours are more pigmented when I do and I can get the shape I desire.
- Then I outlined my lips using Charlotte Tilbury’s ‘Bad Romance’ lip liner and ‘Damned’.
- I brought damned very slightly into the inner corners of my mouth.
- Next I applied L.U.V in the centre of my lips and joined it up to Damned.
- Before it dried I took a Spectrum fluffy brush and blended the colours together.
- I did this several times, applying both of the colours a bit more, blending them and then outlining with Bad Romance until I was happy with the overall outcome. So take your time with it until you’re happy with the look.
The Finished Look:
I hope you enjoyed this Gothic inspired look for Halloween! Tell me in the comments what you think and if you decide to recreate it then let me know and tag me in any pictures you post on Instagram, I’d love to see! Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog, I will love you forever, and follow me on both Instagram and Twitter to keep up to date. Thanks for reading!