A Day at Colchester Zoo

September 15, 2019
Blog post

On the 5th of September Jaz and I had a day at Colchester Zoo for his 27th birthday. I’d never been to Colchester Zoo before and the last time Jaz went he was a very small child so we were both pretty excited. The zoo was absolutely massive, probably one of the biggest zoos I’d ever been too and had a huge range of animals. We both had a really great day out so today I thought I’d share with you all the pictures!

A Day at Colchester Zoo

Sloth - Colchester Zoo

The first animal we saw was a sloth who actually moved a lot faster than I thought!

Colchester Zoo

Colchester Zoo

Tigers - Colchester Zoo

Tigers - Colchester Zoo

Tigers - Colchester Zoo

The tigers were definitely my favourite part of the zoo as there were 3 cubs who were about 2 months old. They were adorable and we were there watching them play for ages.

Giraffe - Colchester Zoo

Giraffe - Colchester Zoo

I love Giraffes so much I’d have them at my wedding if I could! Unfortunately, we weren’t there in time to feed them but I’ll definitely be adding that to my bucket list.

Zebra - Colchester Zoo

Rhinos - Colchester Zoo

Colchester Zoo

We also got to walk through the Wallaby enclosure which was a lot of fun. They were so cute!

Llama - Colchester Zoo

Llama - Colchester Zoo

As I’m sure you can all imagine I was thrilled to see the Llamas!

Goats - Colchester Zoo

Goats - Colchester Zoo

Goats - Colchester Zoo

I absolutely loved the goat enclosure and could’ve happily spent hours with them!

Colchester Zoo

Colchester Zoo

Jaz was extremely happy to see some giant tortoises, he loves them and has two miniature tortoises at home. We also saw some very beautiful birds and enjoyed watching people feeding them.

Colchester Zoo

Colchester Zoo

Colchester Zoo

We finished off our day at the zoo by seeing the lions, red panda and penguins.

I hope you all enjoyed this post! Let me know in the comments if you’ve been to Colchester Zoo and what your favourite animal is. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog while you’re here. You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Thanks for reading!

8 Comments

• ellieslondon

September 16, 2019 at 1:22 pm

😱 Oh my days these animals are so cute. I love the birds here and the little wallaby! I love the zoo so much. I went for my birthday too in 2018, and it’s so much fun to go as an adult after not having been for a while.

1. Hollie

September 17, 2019 at 3:34 pm

They were adorable and there were so many more I couldn’t get pictures of, like wolves, that were just as cute! Yeah I hadn’t been to the zoo in so long before this trip! I think we’re planning on going next month too as Colchester do cute little fright night event 😊

• Kari ♡

September 16, 2019 at 8:29 pm

😦😦 I must add this to my list of places I will go to one day! The animals are so adorable! I always think that I resemble a sloth. Lately I’ve been really loving Kangaroos!

1. Hollie

September 17, 2019 at 3:35 pm

It was definitely one of the best and biggest zoos I’d ever been to! 100% would recommend it if you get to come here one day. 😊 I thought I resembled a sloth too until I saw how fast they actually move 😂

• danniijane

September 18, 2019 at 6:37 pm

Aaw I went Colchester Zoo a lot growing up! My family hated London Zoo so we’d head here as it was next nearest😂 I love slotha and tiger cubs💕 x

1. Hollie

September 18, 2019 at 9:12 pm

Aww haha why did they hate London Zoo?? Colchester was amazing, we’re going to try and go back next month when they have their Halloween event on 😊

• Courtney

October 2, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Oh my goodness, how fun!! All of those animals are so cute! <3 I love visiting zoos and getting the chance to see these amazing animals up close.

1. Hollie

October 3, 2019 at 5:34 pm

They were amazing, it was the biggest zoo I’d ever been too! Me too, we watched the tiger cubs for such a long time haha