Healthy Pasta Bake
If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter (shameless plug in the first sentence!) then you may know I’ve been on a bit of a health kick this month. After gaining 10 pounds over Christmas it was time to do something about it. So, I went back to the gym, started eating healthier and bought a Joe Wicks recipe book. On my days off from the gym, I’ve also been doing Joe’s HIIT 15 minute workouts on Youtube which are exhausting.
At the time I’m writing this I’ve lost a pound in 5 days which I’m pretty happy about. It doesn’t sound like much but it’s a start! I’m hoping to try on wedding dresses for the first time in a few months so I want to lose as much as possible before then.
My mother came up with this pasta bake recipe over Christmas and we’ve since changed it to make it healthier. It’s super tasty and packed with carbs and protein which is ideal for after a workout to build and repair muscles. Plus…PASTA. You can’t really go wrong with pasta.
These ingredients are for 3 people so may need adjusting for however many you’re cooking for.
- 300g bow tie pasta
- 400g minced turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 clove of garlic, chopped and crushed.
- 350g spinach
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 onion
- salt and pepper
- couple handfuls of grated cheese (yes that’s a real measurement)
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 180C
- Then add the oil to a pan and put the on hob to heat.
- Dice the onion and add that the pan along with the crushed garlic.
- Add the turkey mince and mix together with the onion and garlic.
- Throw in the tinned tomatoes and the tomato puree and let it simmer until the liquid has reduced.
- Boil water in a saucepan and add in the pasta to cook.
- Add the spinach and the parsley. It’ll look extremely green at this point and, if you’re a fussy eater like me and the sight of a lot of green fills you with dread, don’t worry, you’ll barely see it in the end!
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the pasta and the turkey into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Put in the oven to bake until the cheese has melted.
I hope you all enjoyed this healthy pasta bake recipe! Let me know if you try it out. This is one of my favourite recipes at the moment, it’s honestly delicious and super filling too so you aren’t snacking all evening.
Thank you all for reading and don’t forget to subscribe to my blog!